terça-feira, 13 de novembro de 2007

Hey Eugene!



I really love this song from Pink Martini. Their homonym album was released May 15, 2007. I have looked for the lyrics over the Internet for a long time, and since I haven't found it, I had to figure it out by myself. There is just a couple a words that I am simply unable to understand clearly, the name of the place where the story happens. If someone figure it out, please tell me. The song can be listened from a pretty good video at youtube.

Hey Eugene
(China Forbes)

Hey Eugene
Do you remember me?
I'm that chick you danced with two times through the Rufus Album
Friday night at that party

On avenue A
When your skinhead friend passed out for several hours on the bathroom floor
and you told me
you weren't that drunk
and that I was your favorite salsa dancer you had ever come across in New York City

Eugene, Eugene, Eugene
I say hello
Eugene,
are you there Eugene?

Hey Eugene
then we kissed
once we locked you friend into the elevator
and you entered out my number on a shoggy paper towel
and the car went down
and when we were finished making out
we noticed that your skinhead friend was gone
long gone
and you looked into my bloodshot eyes and said:
- Is it too soon if I call you Sunday?

Eugene, Eugene, Eugene
I say hello
Eugene,
are you there Eugene?

Does any of this ring a bell Eugene?

Nenhum comentário: